Sunday, December 19, 2010

Give Back The Quarter

Giants Vs. Eagles on December 19th 2010.
This was a good game I must say. Granted, I am a fan of the Giants, and love my team... Win or Lose.
But this blog entry isn't about the Giants. It's not a Blog Bashing Vick, The Eagles, Or a Blog Complaining about the Loss. This Blog is simply my opinion on Two Things: Vick as a Quarterback, and his 'Riders'.


My opinion? Vick is slightly trying to increase his status as a Quarterback instead of creating a 'Vick Show Status' like everyone used to see when he played with the Atlanta Falcons. Michael Vick is playing different because something (such as Baby Jesus) made him realize that he was playing by himself! 
That man Vick has one of the greatest abilities. He has the capability of making the Football Land wherever he wants. When he played for the Falcons, I just thought to myself:
"If he could throw the Ball to Himself He would do it 100% of the time." (SMH)
Seeing Vick play with the Eagles, I've seen a complete change in the way he plays. Instead of solely trusting himself with the football, he seems to realize (and show) that he is playing with a Team.  He is turning into a 'Leader' of a Team instead of the 'Star' of the show.
The first half of the game, Giants were up, and Giants Fans were going crazy... (I was screaming so loud I scared my Guinea Pig). The turn of events happened after Vick realized that he was losing (it seems like) and that's when 'The Vick Show' began. Not to say that he forgot about the team, but it showed that he didn't want to lose. Maybe if he instilled and passed on that energy to his team, the game would have gone completely different. (Might not have been as good though). 

During the game, I saw Tweets and FB updates about 'What is Vick Doing?' and 'Why isn't Vick running this, or doing that?'
There is a very important aspect of Football that everyone seems to miss when watching Michael Vick on the Football field. Teamwork. He has apparently spoiled His Fans into watching 'The Vick Show'. 

With that said, I'd just like to point out that Fans are Fans, yes. But where does the Bandwagon end? (God Forbid) but if Vick hurts himself, will you move on throwing panties, bras, and dog chains at the next 'big thing' (no pun intended Vick...... Ok Maybe A Little). Save the Single Fan-Ness for the Rappers, Singers, and Solo-Musicians. Football is about the Team. You Love the Player? Then love the Team... (Meaning: know how to spell Desean Jackson and Brett Favre correctly).
More than half of the Falcons Fans left along with the decision to not bring Vick back. 
So please, spare the Real Falcons, Giants,  Eagles, and Overall Football Fans the Fake Tomfoolery.
Go Vick? No. Go Eagles.

2 comments:

  1. Very insightful piece. I agree, for the Eagles to be successful in playing with the upper echelon teams it will have to be because they are an upper echelon team. The maturity in his approach and in game is what's made it easy for fans (casual and fanatics) to fall in love with the sensation that is Michael Vick. The sensation that even I have fallen vic' to. In the beginning of the season I wanted to see the Eagles lose for the way they handled McNabb ( probably gonna hate the skins too) and if Kolb doesn't get injured and Vick doesn't come in then I probably still wouldnt root for him. But I can be this fickle because I am a life long Patriots fan. Like, the looong way. So outside of wanting their constant victories I want different teams to win at different times for all sorts reasons (being a fantasy owner doesn't help that, believe me). To me, if you love the game you'll have a few players outside of ya squad that you tune in to watch. Go Vick, and DESEAN (O.o)? Yes. Unless you're playing the Patriots. Then it's Go to Hell.

    ReplyDelete