Wednesday, December 22, 2010

You Shall Not... Be Inhuman...

Today I was scrolling on WSBTV's Network Site, reading random news stories about murders, politics, and other stories that made me realize that this country is going downhill. In scrolling, clicking and reading, I remembered that I wanted to follow up on a Robbery case that I saw on the news one evening. 

The story was on how multiple houses had been robbed over the coarse of a month, and the robber wasn't after jewels, TV's, or other materials that we deem valuable. He was stealing food. A man risked his freedom breaking and entering into someones home, but he gained a sense of fulfillment in his stomach with a strangers' food. 

I am not, by far, patronizing that man. I am, however, highly upset and disappointed at the recent report I read on a woman that stated "He goes through the refrigerator, and as you can see, I’ve left it bare, because I’m not buying food for him anymore.”

The Eight Commandment is very clear, and I am all for it. But you mean to tell me, that One man has broken into your house Six Times in One Month, not stolen true valuables, TV's, Raped or Killed you, and you Refuse to help him. 
No. He was not right for breaking & entering in your home and stealing, that is 100% wrong, but out of ALL of you in the Avalon Estates in Lithonia, not ONE person realized that the man was simply Hungry

I am willing to bet that even ONE act of random kindness would have put and end to the madness. ONE person could have left ONE paper bag with simple groceries, or some kind of meal, and he would have been fine. Instead of an act of kindness from one person, an entire neighborhood turned against another human being to simply Not Feed them.

That is sad. And to anyone reading this, yes, I feel sorry for that man. Who's to say that YOU never have to go through that! That You will never have to rob someone to feed yourself or your family. Who's to say that you won't lose your job or foreclose on your house in a few months. Out of Six Times, after the Third... You didn't say "Let me leave some leftovers for him Outside my Home so he wouldn't break my door and alarm to come INSIDE." It took SIX to say "I'm not even going shopping, so he can't eat anything."
It's Inhuman. But I'd bet that the same woman and same people are avid speakers on God and is the First to speak on The Eighth Commandment, not realizing that the bible also says "Give to him who keeps on begging from you, and do not turn away from him who would borrow [at interest] from you." [Matthew 5: 42]

This country's actions reveal that 'Every Man is For Himself'... And put simply: No, I am not a Saint. I am not perfect, and I understand that every person has a certain level of selfishness. But I have a part of me that's called compassion that wouldn't have allowed me to condescend another human being, and turn my back on them. 

"In everything I have pointed out to you [by example] that, by working diligently in this manner, we ought to assist the weak, being mindful of the words of the Lord Jesus, how He Himself said, It is more blessed (makes one happier and more to be envied) to give than to receive." [Acts 20: 35]

Please Click Here To Donate To 'Hosea Feed The Hungry' In Atlanta
You'll also see to the right side of my Blog, there is a Piggy Accepting Donations, please click on him, and let him guide you to donate to The Red Cross. 

1 comment:

  1. I love all your blog postings but this lastest post is especially powerful and true.

    ReplyDelete